|Business Systems Analyst (Corporate Systems)
Location: North York, ON
Position: Business Systems Analyst, Corporate Systems and Analytics
Location: Lawrence Square Office (North York,ON)
Reporting to the Director of Financial Systems and Data Services, the Corporate & Analytics Business Systems Analyst will work across all levels of an organization gathering requirements for programs and projects or supporting continuous improvement in the business’ technology and processes. Specific business areas of focus will be Corporate Business areas such as Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Asset Management and Operations.
· Maintains business process documentation and identifies areas for process improvement opportunities. Facilitating business change in support of solution design and implementation.
· Documents systems and their interdependencies. Evolving and maintaining design documents to reflect changes introduced by new implementations,
· Analyzes and problem solves system issues in respective application system portfolio to determine the best course of action to correct the situation.
· Facilitates cross-functional meetings/presentations with various levels of management.
· Maintains domain Application-System knowledge and keeps abreast of new technology developments in key area of responsibilities.
· Drives the quality assurance process by assisting the business to translate business requirements and use cases into test plans and scenarios.
· Ensures the integration of all aspects of technology solutions and the compliance to established standards.
· Minimum of 7 years Business Systems Analyst experience in a multi-platform IT environment and in business process improvement,
· Strong knowledge of financial systems including ERP’s and financial reporting software, including direct experience with Oracle /Hyperion software products (Oracle, HFM, HSF, HP, Essbase), their processing and data modeling.
· Experience with data governance, its approach, reinforcement and concepts.
· Experience in software development lifecycles, software deployment, implementation processes and working with SaaS based products.
· Knowledge of web services, relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
· Ability to work with all levels of management within a matrix organization in a fast-paced work environment.
· Experienced in vendor management with excellent problem-solving and team-building skills to minimize disputes and foster and effective partnerships with the vendors.
· Through understanding of accounting, consolidations, financial processes and internal controls would be asset.
· Ability to complete projects and achieve results in an evolving work environment.